You’re looking out for others on the team. You’d rather solve a problem than worry about it. You practice in the ancient art of Project Management. Does that sound like you? If so, let’s talk about bringing those skills to CoLab Cooperative! We’re an international, worker-owned tech collective that builds custom apps and websites for a better world.
The role of Project Manager is multifaceted—much like spinning plates. The position requires the ability to interact professionally in writing or on the phone with our clients. We seek someone who is very organized and detail-oriented, someone who can anticipate possible roadblocks or issues and work to resolve them before they get out of hand.
- 5+ years experience with project management for website, web app, and digital product development (projects developed in Drupal, Node.js, WordPress, Ruby on Rails a plus)
- Proficiency with project and task management systems (Atlassian products a plus)
- Proficiency with time tracking, budget tracking, and invoicing systems
- Ability to manage client expectations and communicate about timelines, scope, and budget
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with confidence and ease
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple teams
- Strong professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong diplomatic and empathetic skill to move processes forward and obtain results
- Team player (you’ll be part of our Delivery Team and work closely with fellow PMs)
- Team management and leadership skills
- Interest in highly collaborative environment
- Driven to make the world better for everyone
- Experience facilitating Agile development processes, scrums, and product design
- Technical knowledge related to web and mobile application development
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Google Apps, Slack, and Freshbooks software a plus
- A keen design eye and an appreciation of simple beauty
- Experience in managing platform migrations
- Facilitating team check-ins, agile meetings, and overall communications
- Skillfully communicating with clients
- Tracking budgets, milestones and team capacity
- Unblocking critical work through proactive communication and project vision
- Helping document project requirements and QA, as needed
- Attending Delivery Team meetings to update process of project(s)
10 hours per week to start, focusing on one project as a trial period with the possibility for more work
Position is open to applicants living in Alabama, California, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin or outside of the U.S. Our working hours are mainly +/- 3 hours Eastern time zone.
Our cooperative has recently passed a comprehensive approach to rate standards for all of our members and collaborators. The rate for this role will be determined based on a standard set of merit and experience-based criteria, applied equally to all members of our workplace. The expected range for this role is $36.06 - $45.67/hr USD.
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly peers
- Participate in mission-driven projects
- Lots of room to grow
- Educational resources
- Stretch responsibilities that challenge you to level up!
- Path to ownership
- Value-aligned community
- Respect for work/life balance
- Support for spiritual growth
CoLab was founded in 2010 as a worker-owned cooperative in order to co-create simple, purpose driven solutions to help solve global problems through collaboration and innovation. Our clients benefit from working with dedicated and talented technology team members who have been growing together for many years and who continue to form long lasting relationships with fellow workers, partners, and clients.
A path to ownership in the cooperative is open for the candidate. Details are based upon current membership criteria and subject to approval from the Board of Directors.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PM Candidate.” Please be prepared to share the following: a brief cover letter about your background and why you are looking for this kind of work, resume/CV, portfolio or professional links, writing samples, availability to start, and any questions you might have for us. We look forward to talking with you!