Toe Dipping in the Future, Google Glass Successes and Failures
One of our developers, Peter, arrived this morning fresh from the future (Google’s idea of it at least). Having just acquired a pair of Google Glass, Peter wasted no time breaking the seal and digging into experimentation. The results have been a mix of success and total FAIL thus far, but has certainly made for novel and entertaining experience with the most regular of tasks and interactions. Having about 72 hours with the device so far, here is Peter’s list of Google Glass successes and failures. Mowing the lawn will never be the same!
- Successfully navigated to a party by car.
- Unsuccessfully took a picture of a friends father doing a keg stand.
- Successfully determined the president of Pakistan.
- Successfully took a lot of pictures and video.
- While mowing the lawn, Peter picked up a rock and threw it, and paying way too much attention to google glass, successfully threw a rock through an actual glass window.
- Accidentally took a picture of a stranger and successfully shared it on google plus.
- Successfully answered a lot of silly questions from people about Glass.
- Successfully made people feel uncomfortable.
Moving beyond being a hit at parties, Peter and CoLab have some ideas of what to do with this thing. Moving progressively toward using this bleeding edge technology to do some good in the world. We’ll keep you posted.