Senior Back-End Drupal 8 Developer
CoLab is seeking an experienced back-end Drupal 8 developer who works well in a collaborative environment. We are a worker-owned cooperative specialized in building do-good technologies. This position offers an opportunity to work within a team and build technologies which help make the world a better place.
- Four years programming experience, minimum of 2 years experience developing Drupal sites.
- Thorough knowledge of Drupal 8 site building best practices, common modules, and theming standards.
- Experience developing custom modules.
- Ability to write maintainable, well-commented code.
- Experience working with project management tools such as Redmine or Atlassian’s JIRA.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self starter.
- Team player (you’ll be part of the Delivery Team and work closely with PMs, designers, and other developers).
- Strong professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage and communicate timelines, scope, and budget.
- Experience with time tracking and invoicing systems.
- Fully comfortable using git.
- Experience working with Pattern Lab.
- Interest in highly collaborative environment.
- Driven to make the world better for everyone.
- Experience working in a remote, distributed team is a bonus.
- Experience participating in team development processes and scrums
- Technical knowledge related to web and mobile application development.
- Involvement in one or more open source projects, especially Drupal-related.
- Familiarity with Jira, Trello, Google Apps, HipChat, and/or Freshbooks software is a plus.
- Appreciation of simple beauty and clean code is a big plus.
- A desire to work where you can bring your full self to your work.
- A desire to grow and learn from and with others.
- Contribution to open source (Drupal)
Project based 25 - 40 hours a week to start
Position is open to applicants living in Alabama, California, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Vermont, Washington State or outside of the U.S. Our working hours are mainly +/- 3 hours Eastern time zone.
Commensurate with experience
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly peers
- Participate in Do Good projects
- Lots of room to grow
- Educational resources
- Stretch responsibilities that challenge you to level up!
- Path to ownership
- Value-aligned community
- Respect for work / life balance
A path to ownership is open for the candidate. Details are based upon current membership criteria and subject to approval from the Board of Directors.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Back-End Drupal 8 Developer.” Please be prepared to share the following: a brief cover letter about your background and why you are looking for this kind of work, resume/CV, portfolio or professional links, writing samples, availability to start, and any questions you might have for us. We look forward to talking with you!