Senior Front-End Drupal 8 Developer
CoLab is a worker-owned tech collective that builds custom apps and websites. We’re seeking an experienced front-end developer, architect, and team lead who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with PatternLab and component-driven design and development frameworks and processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of front-end development principles: architectural considerations, best practices, and modern design patterns.
- Twig, Drupal or PHP theming experience strongly preferred. Experience in other templating languages with excellence in results and demonstrated rapid ability to learn will also be taken into consideration.
- Responsive front-end development skills, with ability to review and work off of designs to develop standards-aligned, front-end code, and to execute pixel-perfect implementation from comps as needed.
- Experience with PR review process, git (ideally gitflow) and workflow based on JIRA or other ticket-based project management toolset.
- Knowledge of modular CSS practices, including familiarity with SASS or a similar preprocessor.
- Ability to interface with designers and back-end development teams, support collaborating front-end developers, document processes and decisions, and discuss approaches and problem solving with clients.
- Knowledge of Drupal coding standards for basic module and theme development.
- Experience working within non-hierarchical teams, cooperatives, or other collaborative structures.
- Experience working with mission-driven organizations: B-corporation, social-impact start-ups, community organizations, cooperatives, etc.
This position requires about 30-35 hours/week. Our working hours are +/- 3 hours eastern time zone. This initial engagement starts in mid- or late May and lasts through late July, with strong potential for long-term work across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate is interested in pursuing membership with CoLab’s cooperative structure, but this is not a requirement.
Position is open to applicants living in Alabama, California, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Vermont, Washington State or outside of the U.S. Our working hours are mainly +/- 3 hours Eastern time zone.
Hourly, commensurate with experience
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly peers
- Participate in mission-driven projects
- Lots of room to grow
- Educational resources
- Stretch responsibilities that challenge you to level up!
- Path to ownership
- Value-aligned community
- Respect for work/life balance
CoLab was founded in 2010 as a worker-owned cooperative in order to co-create simple, purpose driven solutions to help solve global problems through collaboration and innovation. Our clients benefit from working with dedicated and talented technology team members who have been growing together for many years and who continue to form long lasting relationships with fellow workers, partners, and clients.
A path to ownership in the cooperative is open for the candidate. Details are based upon current membership criteria and subject to approval from the Board of Directors.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Front-End Drupal 8 Developer.” Please be prepared to share the following: a brief cover letter about your background and why you are looking for this kind of work, resume/CV, portfolio or professional links, writing samples, availability to start, and any questions you might have for us. We look forward to talking with you!